Security & Privacy: We are committed to protecting your privacy. The type of information we will collect about you includes: your name, address, phone number and email address.
We will only use the contact information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 & PCI Data Security Standards. We collect limited information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service. We will not disclose your contact information to third parties other than the information necessary for our suppliers and delivery agents to process your order on our behalf. We will not give your email address to any third parties unless you have given us your consent or request us to do so.
If you sign up to our newsletter, we may use your email address to send you information about our products and services. At any stage you can ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving any marketing communications from us by ticking the unsubscribe box or contacting us to do so Any personal information that we hold will be held securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 & PCI Data Security Standards. Terms and Conditions of Sale:
We are not a representative of any motorcycle manufacturer and the parts we sell are not necessarily recommended by any motorcycle manufacturer. Please Note: Parts are often listed by make of bike, this does not necessarily mean that these parts are made by the manufacturer (OEM) unless stated. All parts featured on this web-site must be installed or fitted by a qualified mechanic in accordance with the original equipment manufacturers service manual. Please note that it is important for you to make sure the correct part is selected for the right purpose, the correct year and model of motorcycle. Please refer to the original equipment manufacturers service manual for normal and ordinary maintenance. Motorcycles can be dangerous if not ridden or maintained properly. Motorcycle Parts Store expects our customers to exercise good judgment as to the proper selection, installation, use and maintenance of any parts.
Motorcycle Part Store assumes no responsibility for any damage or injury of any kind arising from misuse or improper application of any parts in any way by any person. Motorcycle Parts Store has no control over the manufacturing, testing or usage of any part sold, therefore the manufacturer will be responsible for any and/or all claims for damage to person(s) or property arising from design, manufacturing, and testing of its products. Under no circumstances will Motorcycle Parts Store be liable for consequential or indirect damages.
Warranty: All goods are only guaranteed in accordance with the manufacturers own terms of warranty. Claims evaluation will be made in a just and prompt manner by the manufacturer. All implied warranties, including, but not limited to implied warranties of the fitness and merchantability, are limited in duration to a period ending one year from the date of purchase. Due to conditions beyond our control, chrome cannot be guaranteed after it is placed in service.
1. The contract between us We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us. Title of goods shall not pass to the buyer until paid for in full. 2. Our right to refuse your order 2.1 We reserve the right to refuse to accept your order for any reason including, without limitation and whether or not payment has been received by us, if: 2.1.1 We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered; 2.1.2 We do not deliver to your area; or 2.1.3 One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers. 2.2 If we do refuse your order we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your account as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered. 2.3 We may cancel any transaction if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss. We may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, limit payment sources for a transaction, limit your ability to make a payment or deactivate your account if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss. We may contact your payment source issuer, law enforcement, or impacted third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
3. Price 3.1 The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website. 3.2 You may be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. 3.3 All orders are processed in GBP at the prices displayed at time of order. Conversions into other currencies may be displayed for customer convenience only and are approximate. These prices may change slightly between the date of placing the order and the date of dispatch. 3.4 All Motorycle Parts Store prices are excluded of VAT as Motorcycle Parts Store is not VAT registered, thus we do not require to charge VAT.
4. You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us Motorcycle Parts Store: your name, geographical address and, where available, your telephone number, fax number and e-mail address] of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired. Effects of cancellation If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least ex-pensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than – (a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or (b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or (c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest. You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
5. Delivery of goods to you 5.1 We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. 5.2 Delivery of the item to you from time of order will be within 2-7 days unless an express postage has been selected, then item will arrive at the selected postage time. 5.3 You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
6. Notices Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address below.
8. Governing Law The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the DSR’s (Distant Selling Regulations) and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
9. Entire agreement These terms and conditions, together with our current website prices, delivery details, contact details and privacy
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with the order you receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our customer service team will be happy to help make things right. As much as we want to ensure that all our customers are satisfied with their purchase, because our mugs are printed to order, we cannot offer refunds or exchanges for incorrectly ordered items.
If you are not satisfied with the quality of the product(s) or your purchase arrives damaged please send images to demonstrate the poor quality print or damage. Sole Heritage will use this information to help resolve your issue.